and progression cannot be overemphasized.
exercise can help manage or even prevent a variety of health problems in the
diabetes, osteoporosis, muscle weakness, certain cancers, depression, and stroke
are some the common medical conditions which routine physical activity and
effective exercising may greatly benefit the patient.
of exercise for seniors include:
- Weight maintenance and burning excess calories
- Improving the ratio of good cholesterol to bad
- Building up physical endurance
- Optimizing health of the heart, lung, and vascular
- Better delivery of oxygen and nutrients to tissues
- Maintaining bone and muscle health
- Reducing fall risks and arthritis
- Mood enhancement
- Better sleep quality and duration
for at least 30 minutes is strongly advised for seniors. An effective exercise
is one which would increase the heart rate adequately to about 75% of maximum
heart rate. A person’s maximum heart rate is roughly calculated by subtracting
age from the number 220.
machines are generally safe and can help achieve these goals. Balance
exercises, flexibility exercises, and resistance exercises (weight lifting) can also be beneficial.
such as chest pain
or tightness, shortness of breath, or fainting or dizziness
occur during or after exercising, it is important for the individual to stop
the exercise and notify their physician promptly.
reach one of our Advanced Senior Solution’s team members, either go to
the Contact Us tab or call 727-443-2273. We’re here to help with all of
your elder care questions, care needs, and much more! Call us today for a
free no-obligation care consultation via phone or in person.